Friday, July 12, 2013

04 Week 1 ends

Well it's the end of the first week as a CIS intern. I am really enjoying my work in the lab and spent the majority of today cleaning up and packing the calibration code into a easily reusable format. Lots of today was spent indicating calibration points and testing to assure that the alignment was working properly. Calibration data is now stored in a text file, so in the future it is not mandatory to indicate these points each run.

It felt very great to test the setup using actual array pictures, this helped to show how truly applicable this code would be in the final project. Today Joe, our adviser, also came in to help us set up deadlines and goals for the project, giving us a good idea of the pace our work needs to be set at.

Sadly this will be my last blog post for quite some time as I'm going on vacation for all next week and half the week after that. I'll be back at it 7/25/13 assuming all goes well.


1 comment:

  1. It was great to see you back! Now you can do some work, while other people (like me) are really bored right now. Well, I hope you have fun doing whatever you are doing!

    ReplyDelete